Nowadays people are looking for organic food. But those are not easily available everywhere. If you want to buy those from the supermarket then those are almost 50% or even costlier. It is because organic farming inputs are expensive and production is always less than chemical farming. That means you need to spend more but you will get less. So organic food will be definitely costlier. Gardeners often want to do organic gardening. That is why they buy various organic products for gardening. It makes gardening a very expensive hobby. But still kitchen gardeners often buy those because they want fresh & healthy vegetables for their family. Many experts often say to use this & that. People also buy those because they want the best result. To achieve those many expert gardeners use various organic products and many of those products are actually not genuine.
That is why I prefer natural gardening that does not need any expertise. In fact, you do not need any special knowledge. You just need to know the preparation of a few fertilizers & pesticides at home and how to use those. Natural farming (or gardening) is mostly cow based in India. Farmers use ghan jeevamrit & jeevamrit as fertilizers. Both of those are cow based.
There are various natural insecticides available for natural farming. These are Dashparni ark, neemastra, agniastra, brahmastra etc. Months old buttermilk is often used as a natural fungicide. All those can be easily prepared at home.
But as we gardeners do not easily get cow dung & cow urine in urban areas, so I replace cow dung with vermicompost and kitchen waste compost.
5 reasons why expert gardeners can not produce organic vegetables
- Experts will always use various costly organic inputs; many of those inputs are fake or not genuine. Sometimes it was reported that chemical ingredients were found in those organic products.
- Experts always want to show their expertise and use many unwanted gardening/farming inputs
- Natural farming/gardening does not need any expertise, yes, it is that simple
- Gardening is for happiness, not for livelihood. Experts make gardening difficult with so much information. Different care for different plants makes gardeners unhappy.
- Plants are part of nature and nature does not need human intervention. So little care is the best care for organic gardening (or farming).