Veg manchow soup! What do you think about this soup? What can you remember about this food? Spicy, Strong garlic flavor, Dark color, Fried noodles! Are those all in your manchow soup? You may have tasted it earlier but always anyone of those was missing. Right? Here you will find all those things. You will get strong garlic flavor taste here. This wonderful dark colored veg manchow soup will be served with crispy deep-fried noodles.
Indo Chinese veg manchow soup
This is an Indo Chinese style soup, so it must have Indian touch without compromising Chinese flavor. So here many Indian flavors/spices are not used like any other Indian dish. Rather a lot of seasonal vegetables are used in this soup. Here mushroom, green peas, green beans and carrot are used. But how to bring that color and strong flavor?
It should look dark and a strong garlic flavor must come out along with other spices. So enough garlic cloves, ginger, tomato and onion are fried in oil and blend in a mixer grinder to make a smooth puree. You can fry garlic cloves little extra to bring a strong flavor of garlic. But if you do not like garlic flavor then you can reduce the quantity, that is why many people love to cook at home so that they can give a personal touch to their favorite dishes. Add some soya sauce to bring more dark color and nice flavor. Mix your puree and vegetables, fry for few minutes and boil in water for another few minutes. Now you can adjust the thickness of your veg manchow soup by adding cornstarch.
Veg manchow soup recipe
- Mushroom - 6 (cut each into 6-8 pieces)
- Green beans - 6-8
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Carrot - ¼ cup (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 small size
- Ginger - ½ inch
- Garlic - 8 cloves
- Red chili / lal mirch - 2 pieces
- Onion - 1 small size (finely chopped)
- Soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder / kali mirch powder - 2 tsp
- Noodles - ⅓ cup
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Water - as needed
- Saute ginger, garlic, onion, red chili and tomato in oil
- Rest for 5 mins to become cool, blend it to make a smooth puree
- Fry all vegetables (mushroom, green beans, green peas and carrot) in butter
- Now add smooth puree to this and also add soya sauce and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Pour 2 cups of water and boil for 6-7 mins
- Take one cup of water and mix 2 tbsp corn flour, make it smooth and add it to soup and stir
- Boil for another 2 mins and switch off flame, pour soup in serving bowls, add fried noodles, spread pinch of black pepper
- Serve this soup hot
Veg manchow is very delicious and you can have it before lunch or dinner. It is healthy too. If you want to try some more soups then check these – cauliflower soup, creamy tomato soup, onion soup, mushroom soup with scrambled paneer etc.