Tofu lo mein – These three words may be surprising for some people who never heard about tofu or lo mein. Even many unfortunate people do not know about lo mein. So I can not ask them whether they have tried these at all or not, haha. It will be silly if I ask them such question. But you do not belong to that category and that is why you have landed on this page. You definitely have tried this at a restaurant or somebody offered you when you visited their house.
Whatever the reason but truth is YOU LIKED THIS UTTERLY DELICIOUS TOFU LO MEIN, this is the whole truth & nothing but the truth. Your other claims are no longer valid, Like,
I do not like noodles
I do not prefer tofu in noodles
Lo mein is not something what I am looking for
Taste of tofu is not so good
All these are absolutely wrong and your deliberate attempt to say a LIE. All those are lies because you enjoyed tofu lo mein whenever last time you had it. Is it not true? Otherwise, you won’t be here and read this post till now.
Though I have not tried tofu lo mein so many times but each time I enjoyed this wonderful meal. Yes, it is a perfect meal to me because I can add various seasonal vegetables along with tofu. So I tried this three or four times at our own kitchen with various ways and this time I found it most delicious and worth to share with you. But tofu is not available in every shop because in Kolkata mostly people prefer Paneer and I believe only a few people have heard about tofu, haha. So only one or two departmental stores keep those for their customers. I purchased my tofu from Reliance fresh store and I can still remember from first time to recent time, every time I bought it from that store only.
Tofu is here (kolkata, India) often known as soy milk paneer (or vegan paneer) because everybody eats paneer but when it comes to tofu, people become clueless. Very rare restaurants offer any dishes with tofu too. So if I want to have tofu lo mein or anything based on tofu then I have to prepare it at my own kitchen. I have also made vegetable lo-mein a few days back and the result of that attempt motivate me to try tofu lo mein at my own kitchen for multiple times till I feel, “Yes, this is what I am looking for“.
This tofu lo mein made my evening happy because of its mouthwatering appearance, taste, color & flavor. It is truly the secret behind happy family dinner. You can even follow instructions to cook tofu as mentioned on the label on tofu package, add seasonal vegetables and cook. Then add cooked lo mein noodles and toss to mix. But for better taste according to you, it is always advised to do your own experiment to have the best for your dinner.
Tofu lo mein recipe
- Lo mein noodles - 500 gm
- Mixed vegetables (2 carrot, 1 small size cabbage, 2 small tomatoes) - 1.5 cups, cut into long fine pieces
- Tofu - 150 gm
- Onion - 1 medium size, chopped
- Green chilies - 3-4 pieces, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1.5 tsp
- Red chili - 2 tsp, powder
- Corn flour - 3 tsp
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - ¼ cup
- Cook lo mein noodles according to package instructions or just boil it in water for 5-6 minutes, drain hot water and wash it in cold running water
- Heat oil a cooking pan. add chopped green chillies, onion & garlic and saute
- Then add soy sauce, vinegar, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt and stir for next one minutes
- Now add ¼ cup of water and mix corn flour within it, do not allow to create pulps, pour it into cooking pan, stir continuously
- Cut tofu into small pieces, add it to cooking pan and cook for next 2 minutes
- Take tofu in separate bowl and keep gravy within cooking pan
- Add chopped mixed vegetable and cook untill those become soft. By this stage, you have prepared your lo mein noodles
- Now switch off fire and mix tofu, mixed vegetable and lo mein noodles, then serve hot