Food is important for every life. We need to eat daily after every certain time. Without food, nobody can survive. But foodies search for fun & happiness in food. They try different kinds of food for breakfast, lunch or dinner and sometimes they find such fun & happiness in food. Soya keema pav is such kind of breakfast food. Foodies will definitely say that happiness means having veg keema pav at home during weekends or holidays. Did you ever try such veg kheema pav ever? It is very delicious.
This breakfast is very simple and mouth-watering.
If you like pav bhaji then you will certainly like this food too. I tried this kind of keema pav in Mumbai. I did not realize that it is actually prepared with soya chunks. When I asked the seller then I came to know that it was soya kheema.
He also prepared the pav with a lot of butter & spices. But that much butter in soya keema as well as in pav, I can not add that much in homemade breakfast because that won’t be healthy. So I added very less amount of butter as compared with that soya keema pav what I had from the roadside street food stall. Otherwise, the taste of my veg keema pav was almost the same.
If you are non-vegetarian then also you will definitely enjoy it and you will be surprised that without adding meat/chicken such keema can be so delicious. You can even misunderstand that this meal is prepared without using any meat/chicken.
Soya keema pav recipe
- 50 gm soybean chunks (or granules)
- ⅓ cup green peas
- 1 large size onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2.5 teaspoons meat masala
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi, roughly crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons any vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Handful finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 8 pieces ladi pav
- Butter needed
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 30 mins, then drain water and mash all soya chunks by using hand
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add finely chopped onion, saute then add ginger & garlic paste, sprinkle salt too and cook for next 2 minutes over a medium flame
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till those are soft & mashed
- Add all spices (red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala & meat masala) and cook well
- Add ½ cup water and cook again till it reaches desired consistency
- Then add mashed or scrambled soya chunks
- Add green peas too
- Then add fresh coriander leaves and finally switch off the fire
- Cut each ladi pav halfway horizontally
- Add butter in kadai and add pinches of red chilli powder & finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and roast bread/pav
- Now serve soya keema pav for breakfast or evening tiffin