Saucy penne pasta is one of the simple pasta dishes what you can make in a jiffy. Green beans are added here to make this dish more delicious and healthy. Pasta lovers always prefer such simple dishes where they can just prepare its sauce for the whole week and whenever they will want to have this, they just need to add this sauce to boiled pasta and toss to make it so effortlessly, haha. This pasta with tomato based sauce & green beans is one of such great pasta dishes in this world.
Nowadays even readymade pasta sauces are available in the market where you just need to add little water to prepare this sauce. Though there are probably hundreds of types of pasta available in this world, but only a few types of pasta are so widely available in local market, well at least, it is true for the place where I live. The penne pasta is very easily available in any local shop, so often I try this. Otherwise, I may need to visit a supermarket or city mall where I can find many other types of pasta. Your situation may be different and you may get all other types of pasta very easily from a local shop. So if you want to try this saucy penne pasta with any other kind of pasta then you definitely can do so.
Now as I said earlier, the best part of this saucy penne pasta recipe is, here you can make this sauce for your future use and whenever you want to have this saucy penne pasta then you can use that pre-cooked sauce and make this east pasta dish so effortlessly. Though I mostly prefer this as the evening light food (Tiffin) and of course sometimes I also considered this as dinner with some other side dishes like salad etc.
Here green beans are added to make this pasta more delicious and healthy. But you can pick anything from available seasonal vegetables as per your choice. But I prefer this with green beans and good thing is, nowadays green beans are available throughout the year at the departmental stores.
Tomatoes, carrot, garlic, red chillies, lemon juice, butter & salt are used to make this sauce.
Saucy penne pasta recipe
- Penne pasta - 300 gm
- Green beans - ½ cup, cut into small pieces
- Tomato/tamatar - 1, medium size
- Carrot/gajar - 1, medium size
- Garlic/lahsun - 1 tsp, paste
- Red chillies/lal mirch - 1.5 tsp, powder
- Lemon juice/ nimbu - 2 tsp
- Butter or refined oil- 2 tsp, melted
- Salt - as needed
- Boil penne pasta, tomato, green beans, carrot all together for 8-10 minutes and then drain water
- Take boiled tomatoes and remove skin and blend tomato, carrot & raw garlic in a mixie to make smooth puree
- Now add butter in a cooking pan and heat then add that puree, red chilli powder, lemon juice & salt and cook for next 3-4 minutes
- Cut boiled green beans into small pieces
- Now add boiled pasta & green beans and mix with that sauce, toss it twice then switch off flame
- Serve saucy penne pasta hot
This saucy penne pasta is very delicious and great food to have as a light meal or even proper meal with some other side dishes.