Late summer is the time to eat jackfruit. People enjoy green jackfruit as a vegetable throughout the summer and then they enjoy late summer & early rainy season with sweet & flavorful jackfruit. But it does not end here because jackfruit nuts are also edible. It is used to make various traditional dishes. Roasted jackfruit nuts are also so tasty. Did you ever try this?
As it is a seed, so it is also a protein-rich food item. Its seeds also contain various nutrients. It is not just healthy but also very convenient food. You can also carry roasted jackfruit nuts when you are travelling. These roasted nuts are easy to store and eat.
Whenever you are trekking, hiking or camping you can carry those nuts very conveniently.
I love to eat those roasted seeds. A few days back I ate kathal bichi bhorta. Now still many seeds are left. So I roasted a few seeds on a frying pan. You can even use griller or oven to roast these seeds.
These are healthy & tasty. But in case you ate a lot of roasted jackfruit nuts then it may create digestion problem too because these seeds are protein rich.
Roasted jackfruit nuts recipe
- 1 bowl jackfruit seeds/nuts
- Heat a pan over medium flame and spread jackfruit seeds/nuts
- Stir it after every 30 seconds, roast it for 10 mins
- Then cover the pan with a lid and wait till those nuts reached at room temperature
- Remove its peel and store it & eat whenever you want