Pudina sharbat (adrak wala) or refreshing ginger mint drink – One of the simplest summer drinks but very very effective & delicious one too. Such pudina sharbat is so widely available in Northern India during summer, you can see a lot of street food vendors are selling those mint drinks but many of those vendors have their own specialty in such drinks to attract customers. Some vendors add extra flavor to this whereas some vendors make it extra spicy.
Though pudina leaves are not so popular in eastern India, more particularly it is not so widely used in green (pudina coriander) chutney here. But it is often served with North Indian dishes in most restaurants across the globe.
Okay, now let’s talk about this ginger mint drink or pudina sharbat (ginger wala). Even ginger soda lime itself is one of my favorites. But mint always creates a special sensation in our body. Is it not true? Even a few number of medicines are made of mint due to its unique characteristics. That is why many people prefer this over any other summer drinks.
Mint leaves, ginger, lemon juice, sugar, chaat masala, black salt, soda water, plain water & ice cubes are needed to make this delicious and so refreshing summer drink. Here mint leaves are directly blended to make this pudina sharbat and I kept small pieces of mint leaves in this drink but many people also like to strain this and make it smooth. I often try this without ginger also but if you love ginger flavor then you should try this with ginger first then you can experiment with other options too, haha.
Pudina sharbat / Ginger mint drink recipe
- Mint leaves/pudina patta - ½ cup
- Ginger/adrak - 1 inch
- Lemon juice/nimbu - 3 tsp
- sugar/ sakkar - ½ cup
- Chaat masala - 3 tsp
- Black salt/kaala namak - pinch of
- Soda water - 300 ml
- Plain water - 150 ml
- Ice cubes - ½ cup
- First, mash ginger and boil it in water for 6-7 minutes, then remove ginger from water, rest that boiled water for 5 minutes
- Add ice cubes to that ginger flavored water to make it cool, you can even keep it in refrigerator for cooling, wait for next 5-10 minutes
- Now add mint leaves, sugar and pour it into a mixie and blend it to make nice sweet aromatic water
- Then add chaat masala, black salt & lemon juice to that water and pour it into three glasses equally
- Now fill rest of the glasses with soda water and stir slowly to mix
This pudina sharbat (adrak wala) or ginger mint drink is simply an awesome drink for instant refreshment and you just need only a few ingredients to make this. Most importantly anybody can make this magic drink so effortlessly at home.