Peas pancakes, one of the most favorite breakfast foods during winter. Well, nowadays you can have it throughout the year because frozen peas are available in most of the departmental stores in any city. But during winter, it is definitely something special because fresh green peas are available in the market during those months.
There are some green peas dishes what I like a lot particularly peas kachori or karaisutir kachuri is one of my favorites. Another yummy dish in green peas is green peas kebab, I tried this dish some random places and also tried at my home too but I will share that experience next time for sure.
Like any other pancakes I do not prefer this with maple syrup rather I love to have this with mayonnaise or our most popular Indian chatni duo, I mean those red & green chatni. Though I mostly enjoy this with that red chatni only. Mostly I make it at home with ripe 6-7 dates, a small piece of jaggery, little tamarind pulp, chat masala, black salt. I blend all those to make a smooth puree or that most preferred Indian red chatni in a jiffy. It is better to soak dates & jaggery in water for 1-2 hours before blending in a mixie.
If you are looking for something else in vegetarian dishes, then check these – veg momos, paneer momos, toasted bread sandwiches with fresh vegetables, vegetable soups
Mayonnaise is another good option to serve this green peas pancakes. If you are really too hungry then you can try this with pav or bread. I prefer to add some tomato & onion slices along with this green peas pancake in between two pieces of bread and enjoy with red and green chatni. That means you can even use it as an evening snack.
Green peas pancakes recipe
- 1 cup green peas, make paste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Bengal gram flour
- 1 medium-size potato, boiled & mashed
- 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 eggs, optional
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Water ½ cup
- In a large bowl, take green peas paste, all-purpose flour, Bengal gram flour, mashed potato, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, eggs and 1 tbsp oil
- Now mix all ingredients prpoerly and add little water too and make thick & smooth batter for pancakes
- Heat a frying pan and spread little oil over that frying pan and pour a full spoon pancake-mixture (batter) and fry over medium or low fire, cook both sides of pancakes properly
Serve this green peas pancakes with North Indian red chatni or with both red & green chatni. You can even serve this with veg mayonnaise too
Preparation of perfect pancake batter is very important to make delicious pancake. I always love to do experiment with batter to make most delicious pancake for me.