Orange is a winter fruit. So we can not enjoy this yogurt based orange juice smoothie (orange lassi) during summer days. But thanks to packaged orange juice which is available in the market throughout the year.
In case, orange fruit is available in your locality during summer then it is definitely not fresh but very costly. In my area, normally orange fruits are not available during summer. So I have to use packaged orange juice to make this yogurt based orange juice smoothie ( orange lassi ).
Orange lassi is not as popular as mango lassi, pudina lassi, litchi lassi but you can understand that orange is not a summer fruit that is why it is not as popular as other flavored lassi. But still, people love orange fruit that is why there are so many orange flavored ready to drink products available during summer. Some of those are in powder form. You just need to add that powder in chilled water and mix.
Yogurt-based orange juice smoothie is something different from those products. Here orange juice is some added to bring flavor to your mouth watering yogurt based drink named lassi. I have tried this drink during winter also but that time I always prefer to use homemade real orange fruit juice instead of packaged one, haha. You must admit that during winter it would not as refreshing & delicious as it is during summer days.
Orange juice smoothie (yogurt based) – Orange lassi recipe
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2.5 tsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 glasses chilled water
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Keep yogurt & orange juice in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 30 minutes
- Now put everything (yogurt, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, cashew nuts & black salt) in a blender and make a perfect smoothie
- Now add chilled water (as needed) and blend again to mix
- Then add crushed ice in a glass and pour orange lassi (yogurt based orange juice smoothie) & serve