Gardening demands regular activities, knowledge and experience. Particularly, if you are using different chemical fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, growth promoters, then you seriously need proper knowledge. Otherwise, you will kill many of your plants. Different chemical inputs are for different purposes and those are very strong. There are many products available in the market for different purposes. Those are costly. So if you do not have proper knowledge then you are actually spending money to kill your favorite plants. So if you are a new gardener then you should start with natural gardening. If you do not get the expected result then you can switch to modern gardening practices using chemical products. Okay, now here is the list of 5 reasons for what you should start natural gardening if you are new to this field.
I do not know much about gardening. Though I used to think that I knew a lot about gardening till a few months ago. I used various chemical products for my plants. I spend a lot of money & gained knowledge from experts, nursery owners, online information. But now after switching to natural gardening, I am more relaxed because it is much more simple. My plants are healthy. But it demands more hard works and a lot of activities to perform. So honestly speaking, I unlearn everything to realize that I know something.
5 reasons to start natural gardening
- It is very simple and you just need to know the usage of a few natural homemade inputs. All of these inputs are used traditionally for years. You do not need to be technically sound or and farming expert.
- Natural gardening is very cost-effective because most natural inputs are homemade. Infact, you can make all inputs at home. You can make compost fertilizer, insecticides (dashparni ark, neemastra, agniastra, brahmastra), fungicides (month old sour buttermilk), natural micronutrients, fruit-based natural plant growth promoter.
- It is environment friendly. All the gardening inputs that you use for growing your plants are homemade. All the ingredients are collected from nature. So pesticides do not harm beneficial insects, animals etc. In fact all those insecticides do not even kill any insects. I mean to say that those are actually insects repellents.
- Naturally grown vegetables are always beneficial for our health. As no synthetic inputs are used, so we can say those are healthier than vegetables that are produced by using chemical inputs.
- It gives more satisfaction because you make everything at home. So natural gardening is a much more intense, engaging job. You know what you are applying to your plants. You do not need to rush to your local nursery for buying fertilizers, pesticides, PGR etc. I actually collect all ingredients from my garden, kitchen & neighbourhood to make pesticides, plant growth promoters & natural micronutrients.