So are you enjoying the winter season? Christmas is knocking the door. People are planning for New year’s eve celebration. Some foodie people are planning for the food menu of such party. Being an Indian, we all love pakoda and always want to have such hot & spicy pakodas in such menu. Pakoda does not need even any occasion to have. Chatting leisurely with friends & family members along with a cup of hot tea or coffee and those delicious pakodas are always enjoyable. Particularly if it is winter season then it would give you a heavenly feeling, haha. Is this not true? Though there are many options in pakoda, but the winter season is boring without this tasty mushroom pakoda.
Yes, it is the season when I love to eat a lot of mushroom pakoda with my evening tea or coffee. Though such mushroom pakoda is not easily available in local shops or restaurants. So it is a good idea to prepare those at home. Any kind of available mushroom is good to make such pakodas. It is not just delicious but also healthy too atleast as compared with local restaurants.
I usually use button mushrooms to make those items but this time I used oyster mushrooms to cook such mushroom pakora. Did you ever try such pakodas? Those are so delicious and very easy to make at home. Though I love to eat mushroom pakoda but this it was planned suddenly because there were two packets of mushrooms in our refrigerator since last few days. But we forget to consume those mushroom because of attending the wedding ceremony of my cousin brother.
So when I found it in our refrigerator I decided to make a curry and pakodas too. It also needs very few ingredients to make. Most of those ingredients are easily available in any Indian kitchen.
The taste & texture of such pakoda may vary based on how you chopped those mushrooms & other ingredients like onion.
Mushroom pakoda recipe
- 200 gm mushrooms
- 2 large onions
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ cup besan (chickpea flour)
- Pinch of baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Enough vegetable (any) oil for deep frying
- Chopped onion, green chillies & mushrooms into small pieces
- Mix besan, salt, baking powder & 2 teaspoons hot oil and mix
- Now add water to make thick batter
- Add all finely chopped onion, chillies & mushrooms into the batter, mix all
- Then take small amount of mixture and make small balls
- Heat oil in a kadai or any other suitable cooking pot
- Add those balls into kadai and fry carefully all parts of those balls
- Serve hot those delicious & crispy mushroom pakoda with green chatni & tea/coffee