This is one of most amazing & easiest snacks. Though there are many regions in India where such muri mixture is popular but here Bengali style muri mixture will be discussed. In Bengal, this is considered a favorite evening snack by many people. If you are from Bengal then you have definitely tried this multiple times but every people has its own way to make this more delicious or even quicker.
Jhal muri is also another type of muri mixture where different types of raw vegetables are used to make this healthier and tastier. But here you can add mixed namkeen, spices, onion & mustard oil. Those will be sufficient to add to puffed rice and combine to prepare an excellent snack for the evening.
Though I have prepared this snack in Christmas eve evening but the late night I prepared an excellent cake but it it was a traditional cake so I won’t share his here.
Muri mixture recipe
- 2 tbsp fine sev
- 1 tbsp thick sev
- 1 tbsp masoor dal namkeen
- 1 tbsp chana dal namkeen / dalmoth
- 3 cup muri/ murmmura/ puffed rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1.5 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp roasted coriander powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder/ aamchur
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp mustard oil
- Take murmura/muri/puffed rice in a large bowl
- Add all spices and mix properly
- Now add sev, dal namkeen, chana dal snack, chopped onion, green chillies and combine all
- Now add mustard all and mix
- Serve immediately