Mulo bothi is a traditional Bengali dish. Mulo means radish and bothi means a stir fry curry. It is also said as mula boti. Though it is a traditional but it is not as popular as other traditional Bengali dishes. If you like radish then you will definitely enjoy this awesome mula boti (dry Bengali style radish curry).
There are many other bothi dishes available in Bengali cuisine. Thor bothi is another one of those popular bothi dishes.
This dish was cooked during the lock down day in India due to corona virus pandemic. It was really tasty as well as healthy. If you do not like radish then you you can try this because it is a special dish and even radish haters may enjoy it. So give it a try.
Mulo bothi (Mula boti) recipe
- 1 white big size radish
- 1 whole red chilli, chopped
- 1 whole green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A small amount fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons kalonji/nigella seeds (kalo jeera in Bengali)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add green chilli, red chilli and kalonji/nigella seeds (kalo jeera in Bengali) and saute
- Then add finely chopped radish and spread turmeric powder & salt too, stir well
- Now fry till it becomes perfectly cooked and spread finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Serve it with plain rice
So are you planning to make this food at home? Then do not forget to share your experience. In case you have already tasted this then also share your thought on this traditional Bengali dish.