Another healthy dish? But you do not have any intention to compromise in taste? And why should you compromise everywhere.? No! NEVER! At least not in your meal what gives you strength to do all sacrifices and tolerate all weird situations throughout the day. Then what about shahi style mixed beans curry? Will it work? It is healthy and simply mouth-watering dish.
Though many people actually prefer beans (dal), this recipe is a piece of diamond for them. But if you generally do not like traditional dal (beans) dishes then it will definitely work for you. You can have this with roti (Indian bread) or rice too. You can enjoy your lunch with peas pulao and this shahi style mixed beans curry and dinner with chapati or tawa roti & this mixed beans curry or with both rice & roti.
I am saying this shahi because it is a little bit spicy as compared to traditional beans recipe. Fresh cream, garam masala, kasauri methi and melted butter are added here to bring mouth-watering taste. The fresh cream will bring smooth whitish color in curry and little bit shine and sweetness.
This curry is prepared with ginger paste, garlic paste, onion paste and many other spices (red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kasauri methi). Pinch of nutmeg (jaiphal) powder can be added here but you can avoid if you do not want to add nutmeg or if it is not available at your kitchen.
Mixed beans curry recipe
- Mixed beans/dal - ½ cup
- Ginger / adrak paste - 2 tsp
- Garlic / lahsun paste - 1 tsp
- Onion / pyaz - 2 medium size (paste)
- Red chilli / lal mirch powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric / haldi powder - 1.5 tsp
- Coriander / dhania powder - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream - 3 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Kasauri methi - 2 tsp (crushed properly)
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Butter / makhan - 30 gm
- Coriander leaves - 2 plants (chopped)
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Wash your mixed beans properly and soak in adequate water for 5-6 hours and discard additional water after soaking
- Pressure cook beans in water (add salt as needed in water) till 2-3 whistles
- Now heat oil in a pan or wok and add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins
- Then add onion paste, add pinch of salt and cook for another 3-4 mins till it releases oil
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mixed with all other ingredients in cooking pan
- Add boiled mixed beans with water and stir with all fried spices and cook for 4-5 mins
- Now add garam masala and kasuri methi and stir
- Add fresh cream, chopped coriander leaves and melted butter and mix with mixed beans curry
- Take all curry in a serving bowl and serve hot
You can enjoy this dish with rice as well as roti. So you can try both with mixed beans curry and share with us about which one you preferred most