Hello friends, how are you? So are you bored with chapati, roti etc? Then you can try this wonderful missi roti. It looks similar to normal roti. But it is different in color & taste. It is more nutritious because chickpea flour (besan) is added to make this. But this methi wala missi roti is completely different in taste because of the strong flavor of methi (fenugreek leaves).
Surprisingly till I was 24 years old, I never heard about this type of roti. I tried this missi roti for the first time when I was living in Delhi. I found it delicious. But I normally do not enjoy it unless it is served with extra ghee and chole curry or mixed veg curry. That is why I generally avoid it at restaurants. It is because I used to have my meal quite regularly when I was living outside.
I found thepla is technically similar food. But miss roti is thick only wheat flour & chickpea flour are normally used. Some people also add bajra flour or corn flour to make missi roti. If you are having missi roti very often then you can realize the difference between such various types of missi roti.
Normally kasuri methi is not added to missi roti. But whoever loves the flavor of kasuri methi will enjoy this type of methi wala missi roti a lot.
Amazing methi wala missi roti recipe
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2.5 teaspoons kasuri methi, roughly crushed
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ tablespoon any vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- Water for making dough
- Take all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, turmeric powder, finely chopped onion, green chillies, kasuri methi, Salt & veg oil and mix all properly
- Then add water gradually with small quantity and knead to make a dough
- Now rest it for 20 minutes and then make small 8 small balls from that dough
- Roll it to make size of a flatbread
- Now heat a frying pan and cook it both sides
- Add ghee on the top of each missi roti & serve with any curry of your choice