Did you ever have green tomato curry? It is a simple dish and delicious too. It is a delicious dish to have with roti or paratha. You can even try it with plain rice too. I loved it too. But I never thought that having green tomato curry could be that much blissful.
Yes, it can be blissful when you have harvested enough tomatoes particularly green tomatoes and you are bored with having Bengali style dal curry with green tomatoes.
Actually, I uprooted all of my tomato plants two weeks ago because another set of tomato seedlings were ready for the summer season. I got around half a kilogram fully ripe red tomatoes and approx two and a half kilogram unripe green tomatoes from those plants.
I thought most of those will ripen within a couple of days. But I was wrong because only a few turned into red. So I landed clueless with enough green tomatoes. I was having dal curry with green tomatoes almost every alternate day.
But yesterday we prepared this awesome green tomato curry. I liked it to have with plain rice. It is even good to have with plain roti for dinner too. It tried and found that it is excellent.
Green tomato curry recipe
- 250 gm green tomato, cut into small pieces
- 2.5 teaspoons mustard seeds, whole
- 3 green chillies
- 1.5 teaspoons turmeric / haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon any refined oil
- Heat refined oil in a cooking pot and add whole mustard seeds & stir
- Now add green chillies and saute
- Add green tomato pieces and cook for next 5 mins
- Then add turmeric powder & salt. mix and cook for another 3 minutes
- Switch off the flame & serve