Green peas curry – an extraordinary dish for having it with ladi pav. If you want to try something different from pav bhaji then you should this green pea-based curry and enjoy it with ladi pav. This curry only needs a few ingredients and gets prepare within a jiffy. You can have it for your breakfast as well as an evening snack.
So in case, you are getting bored with pav bhaji then try this awesome green peas curry which is similar to bhaji but different in taste & texture.
SURPRISED? Then try this, HaHa!
As you know, from 2019, I am trying to grow our own organic vegetables in our rooftop garden along with some beautiful flowering plants.
Then tomatoes & green peas will be definitely in the list of such vegetables because these vegetables can easily grow in the containers.
So this year, I grew 5 tomato plants and each plant already produced approx 25 tomatoes. I have already harvested a few tomatoes.
I did not buy seeds or seedling of those plants. Rather I collected seeds from a market bought tomato which was already in our kitchen’s inventory.
This year I grew a few peas plants too. After 75 days, now those plants are giving nice green peas (matar). So I harvested a few green peas to make this awesome dish. As I have used homegrown vegetables, so not just the taste of this food is better but the whole experience was very enjoyable.
I hope I will get a few more green peas from those plants. Then I will definitely grow more plants in the next year. This year, I sowed seeds which are available in our kitchen’s inventory. But if this year I will get enough quantity of green peas then next year, I will try to sow some good quality seeds bought from the market.
Though you can try this dish with roti or rice but I prefer to have it with ladi pav.
Green peas curry recipe
- ½ cup green peas, matar
- 1 small potato
- 1.5 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1.5 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, haldi
- 2 medium size tomatoes, puree
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 cup water
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add all spices (cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder & turmeric powder), stir to mix all
- Add tomato puree & salt, cook it till gravy becomes thick & darker
- Then add green peas and saute for 1 or 2 minutes and pour water
- Add grated potato & lemon juice and cook for next 5 minutes
- Serve it with ladi pav
I love this yummiest dish not just for evening snack but also for my breakfast. Do you also want to try?