Who did not eat omelette? Who do not like omelette? Then probably you are not from this earth. It is basically shallow fried beaten eggs. Some people also prefer to add onion, chillies and some other spices to make it delicious according to their taste. Nowadays even vegetarian people started eating omelette as well as boiled eggs. So if you like omelet then you will definitely like this delicious omelette curry. Without this omelet curry probably my life is truly incomplete.
In my childhood, I did not want to eat fish. So there was always this egg omelette curry form me when others were having fish curry. I used to prefer this awesome omelet curry as compared to any other type of curry. I ate this curry several number of times. So I can say that my life is incomplete without this dish.
I love this item along with plain rice as well as roti too. The color of this egg omelet curry is very bright & it automatically brings water in any foodie’s mouth. Homemade tomato puree is the key ingredient for such bright color.
Mostly people make egg curry with boiled eggs. But this type of egg curry prepared with egg omelette is really delicious. It makes a meal more enjoyable.
Egg omelette curry recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 big red tomato, pureed
- 1.5 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder, haldi
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons any refined oil
- Water as needed for curry
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Crack open eggs and add finely chopped onion (half), green chillies & salt and whisk
- Now heat 3 teaspoons oil in a cooking pan and add egg mixture over the pan and spread, cook it for next 3 minutes and fold it
- now cut the omelette into 3 pieces (or more) and keep aside for further use
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add grated ginger (or paste) and finely chopped onion (residual amount) and saute till it turns into light brown,
- Add tomato puree and salt, cook till gravy releases oil, now add garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and mix all
- Pour water and allow it to start boiling for next 4 minutes over a medium flame
- Then add pieces of omelette and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Switch off flame