December is a very special month and everybody is in the festive mood in this month. People try a lot of homemade food & soup. Soup is very enjoyable during this month because of cold weather. A bowl of soup becomes very important to keep ourselves warm during this season. Apart from that Christmas is celebrated during this month all over the world. We often notice different types of latest cakes in the market. Many people also try to make cakes at home. Making a cake at home is a joyful activity in this month. Is this not true? That is why I made the best egg free vanilla cake in kadai (Indian cooking pot). Yes, here oven is not used.
Though people use an oven to bake a cake because the oven helps to bake a cake perfectly and it makes the whole process simple. Most people think that an oven is essential to make a cake. So people who do not have an oven at home they never try to make it at home. But actually we can make a cake perfectly without an oven.
I tried this method many times but this time I made egg free vanilla cake and it was undoubtedly perfect. I have not even added ripe bananas to this. I just avoided eggs and follow the old school method of cake preparation. It was just two days before Christmas, so that I can repeat it on Christmas day depends upon the result of this attempt. Fortunately, it is a successful attempt.
Vanilla is a popular flavor for cakes and I always have it in my kitchen inventory. I use it to make pancakes (roasted pineapple pancakes, green peas pancakes, winter special cauliflower pancakes, cabbage pancakes, white peas pancakes, super delicious spicy mashed potato pancakes) for breakfast. That is why I tried it with vanilla flavor but you can try this with any other flavor too if you have.
Egg free vanilla cake recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup petha (bottle gourd candy)
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts
- Handful kishmish (raisins)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Take sugar & vegetable oil in a grinder and blend
- Now take all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and the mixture of sugar & oil and combine all properly by using a fork
- Add milk & vanilla essence to make the smooth cake mixture
- Now add small pieces of petha & cashew nuts and mix, also add handful kishmish (raisins) and combine
- Then grease a cake making pot with melted butter and then pour cake mixture and spread all over the pot properly
- Now heat a kadai (Indian cooking pot) and place a stand inside that kadai and place this cake making pot on that stand)
- Cover the kadai with a lid and bake over low flame till next 1 hour approximately