Besan ka laddu is very popular and we often eat besan ka laddu on various occasion. But what about sattu laddu? Did you ever try this? I believe that you have never tried this kind of sattu laddu ever. Infact, such sattu ka laddoo is not normally available at any shop. So unless & until you will make it at home, you can not enjoy this healthy & tasty sattu laddu. Well, I do not know about your area. But atleast in Kolkata, I have not seen it is available at any sweet shop.
It looks much darker than besan ka laddoo unless you add color to this laddoo. So it does not look as mouthwatering as besan ka laddu. But the taste of sattu ka laddu is similar or probably better. The important thing is that it takes lesser time than besan ka laddu because sattu is already roasted so within a jiffy you can make this sweet stuff.
Sattu laddu recipe
- 1 cup sattu
- ½ cup ghee/clarified butter
- ½ cup sugar
- Handful crushed cashew, peanuts (or cashew powder)
- Add ¼ cup ghee in a cooking pan and heat
- Then add sattu and stir continuously over low flame till it mixed properly with ghee
- Now add crushed cashew nuts & peanuts and add sugar too & mix
- Then switch off the flame and add more ghee and mix by hand properly
- Make small balls with that by using your both palms of your hands
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour then serve
It is a very simple recipe. So once you have arranged all ingredients then it would not take much time to prepare all those mouthwatering sweet balls. You can add food color or use buffalo milk made ghee (because it is white in color) if you want to look your laddu better, I mean yellowish in color.