Lapsi is a popular Gujarati sweet generally prepared with daliya (broken wheat grains). Jaggery or sugar is used as a sweetener agent. But normally lapsi is not a dry sweet dish. This dish is very popular one in Gujarat and often prepared for any occasion or festival. So here dry sattu lapsi is something different because it is dry but super delicious and can be stored for a few days in refrigerator.
If you think it is just a delicious sweet dish but not healthy then you are wrong. Sattu is a healthy food and that too comes with so many nuts & raisins. You can make it more healthy by reducing the amount of ghee & sugar according to your choice.
If you are a sattu lover then you will definitely enjoy this awesome dry sattu lapsi a lot. But in case you do not like sattu then you can try some other delicious dessert items – sweet palm fritters (taler bora), Bengali fruit chtani, mango flavored rava sheera.
Dry sattu lapsi recipe
- 1.5 cups sattu
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly grind to make small granules
- Handful cashew nuts, broken into small pieces
- A few raisins (kishmish)
- ⅔ cup sugar (powder)
- ¼ cup ghee
- Pinches of salt
- Heat a kadai (cooking pot) and add sattu & small peanuts granules
- Saute for 1 or 2 minutes over a low flame and add roughly broken cashew nuts & salt too.
- Now add 1 teaspoon ghee slowly after each 20-30 seconds and stir continuously. Do this till you add all amount of ghee
- Then switch of flame and add sugar powder and mix till all sugar powder melted and absorbed by roasted sattu.
- Add raisins (kishmish) and serve