If you are desi then you definitely like this desi style tamatar soup (tomato soup). But many of you never tried any soup at a restaurant. Yes, there are some people who do not want to spend money in soup rather they prefer to order the main course directly or sometimes they order their favorite snacks before the main course. But still, I believe that we all have tasted tomato soup in many times on many occasions. If you have travelled on a train for one city to another in India then you might have tasted tomato soup there. Rajdhani, Duronto and other super-fast trains also offer tamatar soup to their passengers. Even in many wedding reception party, you might have tasted tomato soup. Is it not true?
Most of the time soup haters even hate soup which is offered to them at even free of cost. But those people simply avoid soups because it does not suit their taste. So what do you think about desi style soup, more particularly tamatar soup that too in local flavor? In India, people prefer the flavor of onion, ginger and some other local seed-based spices. In most of the spicy and popular dishes Indians actually use those things. So if I try to bring that flavor in tamatar soup then it must be excellent and most people will be ready to have that. So I believe that most desi soup haters will want to try this, 😀 So are you ready to have this?
Desi style tamatar soup recipe
- Tomato / tamatar - 2 medium size, chopped
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium size
- Ginger / adrak - 1 tsp, paste
- Green chili / hara mirch - 2 piece, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves / dhania patta - 2-3 branches
- Cumin / jeera - 1.5 tsp, powder
- Red chili / lal mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Lemon juice / nimbu - 2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Butter - ¾ tbsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Heat butter in a wok and add chopped onion and fry till it turns to light brown
- Then add ginger paste and finely chopped green chilies and saute for 2 minutes
- Now spread salt, cumin and red chili powder and mix with all ingredients
- Add all tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes till it becomes very soft and then spread lemon juice too
- Pour 2 cups of water and let it boil for atleast 4 minutes and then spread finely chopped coriander leaves
- Switch off fire and serve it in soup bowl
You can have this tamatar soup (desi tomato soup) with soup stick or cheese toast. If you prefer garlic in flavor then you can also try this. I have tried this with finely chopped garlic too but I did not like that. So better you first try this without garlic then try it with garlic too. if you want to something else in the soup then try tomato cheesy soup, lentil oat soup, Roasted tomato pumpkin soup, best pasta and potato soup etc.