Raita is a popular side dish in India, particularly in Northern Indian states. Though nowadays it becomes popular in various other parts of the country. People enjoy this dish with rice as well as roti. It is an easy to make & delicious side dish what makes your meal more enjoyable. Though there are many types of raita available in Indian cuisine and every people has its own favorite raita dish but I believe boondi raita is the most popular and preferred side dish. You can even try this delicious boondi raita at home anytime when you want.
There are some raita lovers who can even enjoy their meal without this side dish. No matter it is for lunch or dinner, raita is very very important for them. You can try this with aloo paratha or any kind of biryani for your light meal. Raita & aloo paratha are very popular breakfast food, whereas raita & any kind of biryani are the most favorite meal for many Indian people.
If you have stored raita spice mix in your kitchen inventory then it is no longer a big deal to prepare this raita at your home. Nowadays boondi is also easily available in any local supermarket. But if you want then you can make this at your home too.
Delicious boondi raita recipe
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup boondi
- 2.5 teaspoons spice mix (roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, black pepper powder & red chilli powder)
- Pinches of black salt (or normal salt)
- Take yogurt in a medium size bowl, whisk it
- Then pour water and whisk it again with a fork
- Now add spice mix & salt and combine it
- Add boondi to the raita, keep it in the refrigerator and let it soak in yogurt for 1-2 hours
- Serve this chilled raita with roti or rice
How to make boondi ka raita at home?
Take yogurt in a bowl and whisk properly. Then add water and again whisk by using a manual blender
Add spice mix for raita and mix it with blended yogurt. Add pinches of salt too.
Now add boondi and mix. Allow it to soak yogurt for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator and serve chilled boondi raita with roti or rice.