There are some dishes which are easy, healthy & delicious too. This chiwda pulao (or poha pulao) is one of those dishes. It is very delicious and prepared with a lot of seasonal vegetables, so it is healthy too. It is a perfect breakfast food what everybody will enjoy.
Poha is a popular dish in Maharashtra & Madhyapradesh. I have tasted tarri wala poha, Malvani poha, Mumbai ka poha. All of those are delicious but this poha pulao is something different & very enjoyable.
Here I have used some homegrown vegetables like capsicum, chilli etc. Cauliflower, carrots etc are also commonly added to this food. Till a few weeks back I had a few cauliflower plants in my rooftop garden. But I have already harvested those and consumed.
As we know that it is lock down situation in the country, so I avoided visiting local market and prepared this breakfast item with available vegetables in our kitchen inventory.
Chiwda (poha) pulao recipe
- 150 gm flattened rice/poha/chiwda
- 1 medium size potato
- 1 small capsicum
- ½ cup beans, chopped
- ½ cup green peas/matarshuti
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 3 green chillies
- ½ teaspoons turmeric powder/haldi
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon any vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add small pieces of potatoes and fry
- Then add cardamoms & cloves and green chillies too
- Add all other vegetables (capsicum, beans & green peas) and cook properly
- Now add finely chopped onion and stir with all other vegetables and sprinkle salt to taste
- Add turmeric too and mix with all cooed vegetables and add water soaked chiwda (flattened rice)
- Now stir to mix properly
- Switch off flame & serve hot
You can add very small amount of sugar too, optional
Stay at home & Stay safe