Whoever tried Malvani style poha then they have definitely liked that breakfast food so much. So this time it is another excellent snack made with poha & spices. Chivda masala snack! Poha or flattened rice is called also as chivda in Hindi that is why it is named as chivda masala.
Though chivda snacks are easily available from street food vendors but homemade chivda masala is always special. Street food vendors usually sell different kinds of chivda snacks. They have their own spices which are definitely tasty but when it comes to ghee fried chivda then you will definitely think twice before buying such snacks because you will never want to compromise with your health. So it is always safe to have such homemade snack fried in ghee. Is it not true?
I liked this awesome chivda masala snack as my evening snack with tea or coffee. This is spicy because of adding many Indian spices to this snack. It is a little bit sweet as well as salty too. If you do not prefer sweet taste in this snack then you can avoid this.
Chivda masala snack recipe
- 1.5 cup flattened rice/chivda/poha
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 tbsp green peas
- 2 tsp roasted coriander powder
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp mango dry powder, aamchur
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinches of black salt
- ½ tbsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a cooking pan and add peanuts and green peas, cook till peanuts become perfectly roasted, take all peanuts and green peas in a bowl
- Now fry flattened rice/chivda till it turns to light brown & becomes crispy
- Now spread all spices (roasted coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder & red chilli powder), sugar & black salt, then mix all
- Serve warm with tea