This is a very special Bengali style chivda ka pulao (Chirer polao in Bengali). It is different than normal pulao because vegetables are not used here. It is flavorful & a delicious breakfast food. Normally, pulao is multi coloured because various vegetables are added. But this one looks absolutely different and prepared with dry fruits.
It is sweet in taste and various cashew nuts, peanuts, raisins are added to this. You can even add almonds to this. It is one of my favorite breakfast items since my childhood. The best part of this food is you can make it within a jiffy.
It is very aromatic and shahi style sweet pulao. I used to eat this food for years. Chire bhaja & this polao are two most favorites of mine.
So poha lovers if you want to try something different in poha then try this.
I have tasted various types of poha. I liked Maharashtrian batata poha or Malvani poha too but this chirer polao is incomparable.
Also read: Delicious chivda masala snack
Chirer polao recipe
- 150 gm flattened rice (chire/chiva)
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 cardamoms/elaichi
- 1 inch size cinnamon/dalchini
- 4 cloves/laung
- Pinches of nutmeg powder/jaiphal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons peanuts
- ½ tablespoon cashew nuts
- ½ tablespoon raisin/kishmish
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- Heat ghee in a cooking pot and add whole cardamoms, cinnamon & cloves and saute
- Then add peanuts, cashew nuts and stir to fry properly
- Now take flattened rice (chivda/chire) in strainer and keep it under running water, let it soak water for 30 seconds
- Now add chivda and stir to mix, add salt & nutmeg powder too
- Then add sugar and stir to mix well, add raisins too
- Serve this hot or warm
So what are you thinking? Is this not yummy? It is also very easy to make breakfast food.