The cheesy veg bread roll is very crispy and very tasty. It can make your day special. It will be super delicious with your evening tea or coffee. For any festival or family or friends gathering, it works fantastically. But people often hesitate to make such food at home because they think, it will be a disaster and nobody will appreciate such attempt. 🙁 This is why they refrain themselves from doing so. But it should not be your case. Is it?
Soya granules and vegetables are used to make its stuffing. All vegetables are mashed here by using a manual masher, so you can add any vegetable what you and your family like most. Here I have used ripe tomatoes, green capsicum, beans and onion as vegetables to make stuffing for a bread roll. All those vegetables also work very good with soya granules too. But as you are not using potatoes or any such item, so you may find difficulty bring sticky nature in your stuffing food and to bring such stickiness, I added corn flour in this. But in absence of corn flour, you can try this with boiled potatoes.
For stuffing items for a veg bread roll, you have a lot of scopes to do experiments. So here you can also do and think beyond what is mentioned here.
Boiled vegetables are added here. You may find this quite surprising, as it has nothing to do with cheesy veg bread rolls. But boiled vegetables increase the taste of vegetable bread rolls and break monotonous feeling when you have made a good quantity of bread rolls.
One more thing you may have noticed if you already have tried other types of bread rolls that it absorbs too much oil or butter, that is why here one side of the flattened bread is dipped in milk with melted cheese. It helps your bread to absorb less butter or oil.
Veg bread roll, added cheese & soya granules, with boiled vegetables
- Bread - 5 slices
- Cheese - 30 gm
- Milk - ⅓ cup
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 large size
- Capsicum / shimla mirch - 1 small size
- Beans - 12-15
- Onion / pyaz - 1 large size
- Carrot - 1 medium size
- Soya granules - ½ cup
- Red chili powder / lal mirch - 1.5 tsp
- Cumin / jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander / dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Corn flour - 2-3 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Soak soya granules in water for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and fry till turns to brown
- Now add chopped onion, capsicum & beans and fry well
- Now add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well
- Now add soya granules (after draining residual water) and stir well
- Add soya sauce and mix with other ingredients
- Now add water and add corn flour in that gravy and stir continiuosly, let it start boiling for 5 minutes
- Now mash all vegetables with a masher and make thick gravy
- When gravy almost dried up, add lemon juice and mix well
- Switch off flame and take it in a small bowl
- Now flattened all bread slices
- Boil ⅓ cup of water and add cheese into that and switch off flame
- Take flattened bread slice dip one side in cheesy milk and put cooked vegetables with soya granules in bread slice and roll each bread slice
- Heat butter in a cooking pan and fry all rolls and take all cheesy veg bread rolls in a plate
- Now boil chopped carrot and beans (3-4 pieces) and drain water
- Spread red chili powder, black pepper powder and lemon juice over boiled vegetables
- Now serve fried cheesy veg bread rolls with boiled vegetables
So make your day special with a cheesy veg bread roll and surprise others. As we believe sharing is caring. Let us know about your experience by leaving your valuable comment below. Your comments may help other readers too.