What is your favorite soup in winter? CAULIFLOWER SOUP? Okay, then you are at right place. This soup is really good and winter is the best season for enjoying cauliflower soup as fresh cauliflowers are available during this season. Though nowadays almost every vegetable is available throughout the year but during this season cauliflower is very fresh and less costly.
I have never counted the number of times I have tried cauliflower soup at a restaurant till now. I will be definitely 15 to 20 times. But unfortunately not a single time, I tried any kind of soup based on cauliflower in Kolkata. I do not know why but honestly said that I hardly tried any other type of soup at a restaurant in Kolkata too. But I can proudly say that I made soup maximum number of times when I am staying in my home town Kolkata.
NO CREAM! NO MILK! CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Most of the time you have eaten whitish creamy less spicy cauliflower soup which is good but you may have tasted that several times. This cauliflower soup is different. Rather you can say it is a little spicier and very delicious too. I personally like this soup very much and ABSOLUTELY INCOMPARABLE with any other traditional cauliflower soup. So are you interested to make this cauliflower soup?
Phool gobi soup/cauliflower soup – Go Go Go
Cauliflower, onion, tomato and green chillies are the main ingredients of this yummy soup. Cut a cauliflower head into very small cauliflower florets, onion paste and tomato puree are added to make the soup thicker and tastier. Black pepper powder, roasted coriander powder and red chilli powder as spices play a vital role to make it more delicious. Surprisingly I have added soya sauce in this cauliflower soup and you may have noticed that already. Corn flour has brought additional thickness to the soup. Melted butter in hot cauliflower soup brings mouthwatering aroma what everyone likes.
Cauliflower soup recipe
- Cauliflower / phool gobi - 1 small size
- Onion / pyaz - 1 large size
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 small size
- Green chili / hara mirch - 1
- Black pepper powder / kali mirch - 2 tsp
- Roasted coriander powder / bhuna dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder / lal mirch - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Corn flour - 1.5 tbsp
- Butter - 20 gm
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - as needed
- Heat oil in a medium size wok, add onion paste and tomato puree one by one
- Now add finely chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, salt and roasted coriander powder and fry properly
- Add very small pieces of cauliflower florets and fry for 3-4 mins in a wok with all spices
- Now add soya sauce and stir to mix with all ingredients
- Add enough water and boil spiced cauliflower for 5 mins
- Take ¼ cup of hot water and add corn flour and stir, now add it to soup and stir continuously
- Now pour soup in serving bowls
- Now add butter & black pepper powder in each bowl and serve hot