This time, it is not a normal one. It is very special, tasty and healthy capsicum soup that too with red lentils. Capsicum is also called as Bell pepper. Generally, capsicum is available in three different colors (Green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper). Though technically chilies (chili pepper) are also capsicum as per scientific classification but still, we call those three colors of bell pepper as capsicum. Here only green bell pepper is used to make this very special capsicum soup with red lentils.
I know many people who do not like capsicum except roasted one or in non-vegetarian dishes. But capsicum is good for health and expert always recommend it have capsicum in our diet. But we always ignore this. But this capsicum soup is always special and so delicious. Anybody will like this.
Capsicum soup that too with red lentils? 😀
I have tried this with different color bell pepper but I liked this. you may say that all bell pepper are tasted same at-least green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper. Then how I can compare among those. Yes, it is true that taste won’t be different but when I have added red lentils and turmeric powder then its primary color would be yellow as we know if we boil red lentils it will turn to yellow. Then if you add different colored capsicum then it will look like vegetable curry. Red lentil will lose its status, haha and bell pepper will dominate in this soup. 😀 But with primarily green colored capsicum and red lentils, you can proudly say that it is very special & delicious capsicum soup with red lentils. Otherwise, I would prefer to call it just as CAPSICUM SOUP.
If you are a genuine soup lover then I would also recommend you to check some other vegetarian soups like crispy vegetable soup with fried corn flour base, extra spiced carrot soup, very tasty and easy to make soup, beetroot soup, yummy beet root soup, easy homemade soup, creamy mixed vegetable soup, homemade delicious veg soup, hot tomato soup with momos chutney, smart tomato soup.
Capsicum soup with red lentils recipe
- Capsicum / green bell pepper / Shimla Mirch - 2 large size, chopped
- Red lentil/masoor dal - ¼ cup
- Tomato / tamatar - ½ tbsp, puree
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium size
- Ginger / adrak - 1 tsp, paste
- Garlic / lahsun - 2 cloves, chopped
- red chilli / lalr mirch - 1.5 tsp, powder (or chopped green chilli)
- Turmeric powder - 1.5 tsp
- Lemon juice / nimbu - 1.5 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Heat oil in a sauce pan then add ginger paste, chopped garlic, and onion
- Now saute all those and add tomato puree and then saute for next 1-2 minutes
- Now add red chilli and turmeric powder and mix with other ingredients
- Add small pieces of capsicum and cook for next 2-3 minutes
- Then add red lentils (properly washed) and fry with all other ingredients in sauce pan (Don't let lentils burnt)
- Now spread lemon juice and salt and stir to mix and finally pour 1.5 cups of water
- Boil till lentils cooked and also adjust thickness, if needed then pour extra water
- Switch off fire once it is cooked and serve hot, garnish with coriander leaves (optional)
I liked this capsicum soup with red lentils very much. It just took 25 minutes to make this delicious capsicum soup.