Kabuli chana chaat is my favorite snack for summer season. Kabuli chana is also called as chole. I believe that this is the best snack for this season too. Here you are not using oil. Not only that you can call this aloo chole chaat recipe fire free cooking. Oh, yes, you need boil potatoes but that too you can prepare when you are boiling any vegetable for making other food. This is very smart snack what includes all major nutrition for human body. But that not means it is just healthy but also very delicious. If you have not tasted this then you should try this today or during coming weekends.
Chole chaat or kabuli chana chaat is a common North Indian snack. Though there are dozens of chaat (spicy snack with boiled vegetables, fruits etc) available in Northern Indian states. Among all those chaat, I found this type of aloo chole chaat (kabuli chana chaat with potatoes) is healthier and presence of yogurt/curd make this a perfect snack for summer season.
I believe this food healthier because it is full of protein (due to enough chole & yogurt), medium untiry of carbs (due to added boiled potato pieces) and minimum amount of fat (oil less food, minimum amount of fat will come from cream in yogurt).
It is also such a food what offers you sour taste (because of yogurt), sweet taste (because of sugar powder & pomegranate), hot taste (because of black pepper & red chilli powder).
It gives you strong spicy aroma. You will feel soft & crunchiness.
Apart from all, it is a very smart & healthy dish what I prefer in breakfast too.
Aloo chole chaat recipe (Best kabuli chana chaat with dahi & boiled potato)
- ½ cup dried chole/kabuli chana/white chickpeas
- 1 medium size potato
- 1.5 cup yogurt/curd
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar powder
- 2 green chillies, chopped into thin pieces
- 1.5 teaspoons roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- Handful pomegranate fruit
- Sev/farsan for garnishing
- Soak kabuli chana/chole/white chickpeas for overnight
- Boil one medium size potato and then chut into small cubes
- Now take water soaked chole, potato cubes, fincely chopped green chillies, onion pieces, curd/yogurt, roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, salt in a big bowl and combine all
- Now spread chat masala, red chilli powder, pomegranate fruit seeds, sev over it & serve
So are you ready to try this awesome yogurt/curd based kabuli chana chaat recipe? Try this and share your opinion here by leaving a comment below.